The Erfurt Economic Promotion Authority provides advice for founders of new businesses, Erfurt-based and Erfurt-interested companies in applying for subsidies. We
- inform about company- and project-specific possibilities for financial assistance,
- explain the application procedure,
- arrange connections to contact persons of the funding authorities and
- assist in filling in the application forms.
Due to public subsidies, like the "Joint Task for the Improvement of the Regional Economic Infrastructure" (GRW), the Investment Subsidy Act (Investitionszulagengesetz) and bargain loans, small and medium-sized enterprises can apply for investment assistance of maximum 50 percent of the amount invested. Big companies can request a maximum of 30 percent.
Additionally the Thuringia Innovation Fund offers possibilities to co-finance research and development projects, innovation plans and product placements in silent partnership form. Bargain loans, for instance the KfW-program "employment and qualification" for small and medium-sized enterprises, are provided by credit institutions and banks under public law. Various opportunities of employment promotion, apprenticeship and advanced vocational training are supported by the job centre and the Gesellschaft für Arbeits- und Wirtschaftsförderung des Freistaats Thüringen mbH (GfAW).
Foreign trade promotion
In the context of foreign trade promotion manufacturing companies may be funded with a maximum of 50 percent of the eligible costs, e. g.
- as exhibitor at foreign fairs,
- for image promotion especially for implementation in foreign countries and
- for foreign trade and marketing consulting.
The media promotion project of the MDM Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung GmbH supports companies with loans with profit-related depth retirement. It subsidises the prearrangement, production, propagation and presentation of promising film, TV, video and audio-visual media productions.